Friday, July 1

all my relations

"All My Relations" is a selfportrait series. 

I wanted to picture myself through the portraits of others.
 So I photographed some of my friends, family members, relatives and other people who were present or appeared in my life at that time 
(the year of 2014):
I asked each person to sit for a photo, not telling them the purpose of it and not revealing my concept.
I told them to close their eyes and relax, while I prepared my square format camera.
When I was ready, I told them to think about me and our relationship.
To think about us, what we have together.
And I captured their reaction and expression.

In that way, in these portraits, I am looking at them but also looking at myself.
I am looking at the image of me created by their feelings, thoughts and sensations reflected in their faces.























No comments:

Post a Comment